The England and Wales Foster Care Workers branch of the IWGB are hiring a ‘Foster Care Worker Support Coordinator’. The IWGB Legal Department works with members on formal allegations involving panel. However, we are looking for somebody to work within our branch to coordinate our ability to support members through lower level issues, potential allegations and other queries that come to the foster support line. The person will work an initial 14 hours per week (equivalent to 2 days) but is likely to increase in the future, so the ability to add some more hours when required would be desirable. This job will be working remotely to give maximum flexibility to daily or every other day monitoring and responses to our foster support line.
Duties will include:
• Monitoring and responding to cases, issues and enquires on our foster care workers support email address.
• Being the first contact for members in allegations, complaints and Standards of Care, dealing with low level issues, including initial phone conversations and collating allegations to move forward onto legal team.
• Liaising and coordinating with Reps to support members
• Working with the Branch Coordinator to support and develop a network of reps across England and Wales
• Coordinating with the IWGB Legal Department
• Working as a team with the Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary of Branch Specification
• Knowledge of the foster care system
• A high level of personal organisation, an ability to work on own initiative and to work as part of a team
• Admin experience
• A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
• Casework or allegations experience
• Customer service or support training
We encourage applications from anyone who is or has been a foster care worker and is enthusiastic in wanting to support our vulnerable workers. Please send a short CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th July 2019. For any questions contact Sarah Anderson.
Everyone working for the IWGB gets paid London Living Wage + £1 (currently £11.55) and receives a good sick pay / holiday / pension package.